Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone es339 volume controls

Ollyduke

I have just purchased my first guitar,an epiphone es339 and I'm a real beginner. Can someone confirm if the 3 way switch is in the middle position should both volume controls work as it appears that the bottom volume control only works when the switch is up or down ?

In the middle position both volume should work, in the up position only the top, and in the treble position the bottom. hope it helps and good luch.

I have just purchased my first guitar,an epiphone es339 and I'm a real beginner. Can someone confirm if the 3 way switch is in the middle position should both volume controls work as it appears that the bottom volume control only works when the switch is up or down ?

In the middle position both volume should work, in the up position only the top, and in the treble position the bottom. hope it helps and good luch.

This is correct, however, in the center position, they work in conjunction with each other.

Killing the volume on one will shut down both pickups.

It is called Dependent Wiring.

For them to work in the center position, both volumes must be turned up at least to a minimal point.

If they do not work in such a way...there may be a problem.

Willy

Archived