Gibson Brands Forums

How would you feel if your brand new Epiphone guitar...

ljredux

First, glad to hear it all worked out for you.

I've ordered eight guitars online (all but one from American Musical Supply) over the past 12 years. Two of the guitars had issues. One was badly damaged, an impact to the bottom of the body of an accoustic, due from shipping. Without hesitation it went back.

The second was a white Epi Les Paul Custom w/gold hardware. It had factory cosmetic issues, blemishes in the paint around the headstock and paint bleeding in a few areas of the binding. Other than that the guitar was solid and played well. I opted to just keep it.

However, if it had a chip or crack I probably would send it back. Because I baby my guitars I prefer them to be delivered in pristine shape, but I'm not that obsessive with a flaw or two in the finish. However, high end guitars is another story, I don't compromise it goes back.

In the end I want to be the one putting the natural wear and tear on a new guitar, I want to 'de-flower' the guitar, not the delivery guy.

First, glad to hear it all worked out for you.

I've ordered eight guitars online (all but one from American Musical Supply) over the past 12 years. Two of the guitars had issues. One was badly damaged, an impact to the bottom of the body of an accoustic, due from shipping. Without hesitation it went back.

The second was a white Epi Les Paul Custom w/gold hardware. It had factory cosmetic issues, blemishes in the paint around the headstock and paint bleeding in a few areas of the binding. Other than that the guitar was solid and played well. I opted to just keep it.

However, if it had a chip or crack I probably would send it back. Because I baby my guitars I prefer them to be delivered in pristine shape, but I'm not that obsessive with a flaw or two in the finish. However, high end guitars is another story, I don't compromise it goes back.

In the end I want to be the one putting the natural wear and tear on a new guitar, I want to 'de-flower' the guitar, not the delivery guy.

Let me just add that the eighth guitar was delivered last week in pristine condition. It's a 50th Anniversary 1962 Epiphone Sheraton in natural, no. 34 out of the 1,962 production run. If it had a chip, I would keep it and get it fixed, multiple chips and cracks I would think hard before sending it back because of the low number.

(I'd) Send it back, it's "shop worn," and therefore NOT "New," but a "demo!"

If the price you paid, was for a "new" one...that's not it! IF, on

the other hand, it was discounted, already below their normal "new"

selling price, this may be the reason it was "such a good price?!"

But, it's really up to you, though.

Good Luck!

CB

Archived