Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt Pickups

Cobalt

I have a Mastetbilt DR500MCE and I'm trying to get a understanding of the electronics. There are dual pickups, one under the bridge and one at the end of the soundhole. There are two 1/4 inch outputs, one is mono that blends the two pickups and the other is stereo and seperates the two signals, you can run the signal to two separate amps. Now folks, here come the novice questions. My amp is a Fender Acoustasonic 150, a two channel, two speaker amp.

1-If I run my cable from the mono output into my amp and the slider is on blend will that blend the two pickups? If I move the slider to either of the two pickups, will it only sound that pick-up?

2- Does the stereo out have to be run into two separate amps or will a two channel, two speaker amp do the trick?

3- Do I need a special cable that runs out of the stereo side that has two separate ends to plug into two amps or do I run a cable out of each output into two amps?

Hope I'm clear. Thanks for any help.

Glad to see you found the link for explaining this wonderful guitar fully. I also own this very guitar in burst as the one there on the link displays. I will say that if you think it sounds good on there, just wait till you plug it in and do what he does with it. Plugging it in live sounds 1000 times better than on the link. I will say I have owned 5 high end Taylors, with both the ES system, and the pre-ES system. In my opinion this Masterbilt out shines them with its utterly delightful natural tone and harmonics. Never have I heard any amped guitar sound so good and clean and NATURAL. I simply did not think it was possible to do.It literally ruined me for Taylors ES system. I not only stopped playing all Taylors, but sold them ALL. This Epi Masterbilt will be all that I will ever need plugged or unplugged. Unimaginably priced at just $599, for 100% solid back and side mahogany wood, solid sitka top, and a pick up system that in my opinion literally blew my Taylors out of the water. good luck on it. It is also one of the most beautifully built guitars I have ever seen for the price.

Glad to see you found the link for explaining this wonderful guitar fully. I also own this very guitar in burst as the one there on the link displays. I will say that if you think it sounds good on there, just wait till you plug it in and do what he does with it. Plugging it in live sounds 1000 times better than on the link. I will say I have owned 5 high end Taylors, with both the ES system, and the pre-ES system. In my opinion this Masterbilt out shines them with its utterly delightful natural tone and harmonics. Never have I heard any amped guitar sound so good and clean and NATURAL. I simply did not think it was possible to do.It literally ruined me for Taylors ES system. I not only stopped playing all Taylors, but sold them ALL. This Epi Masterbilt will be all that I will ever need plugged or unplugged. Unimaginably priced at just $599, for 100% solid back and side mahogany wood, solid sitka top, and a pick up system that in my opinion literally blew my Taylors out of the water. good luck on it. It is also one of the most beautifully built guitars I have ever seen for the price.

I really love the guitar also. I have been plugging it in for a few months now but not as much as playing unplugged. It does sound nice!

Archived