Gibson Brands Forums

Amp for the Epiphone Ej-200ce

Felipe

It's going to depend on budget as much as anything and less so playing style than with an electric guitar.

Having said that the Ej200 does sound rather good through a blackface fender such as a Super Reverb.

Hi,

Having bought this model and playing it through an AER Compact 60 all others are in its shadow.

AL

I'll second that. It's a bit pricey, but it's a real "acoustic" amp: reproduces/ampifies your acoustic sound without the added noise of running it through an electric guitar amp.

Here's a good demo, uses both nylon and steel strings, plus shows some available effects if you wish to use them.

Roland makes an extremely portable battery powered acoustic amp that puts 30W.The AC-33-RW is a very classy looking amp with a rosewood cabinet,it has twin stereo speakers and can operate on reverb,chorus and ambience8 AA batteries or AC power.It has a tilt-back stand.The amp also has guitar and mic channels, anti-feedback a phrase looper,stereo aux. input and headphone out put.The MSRP is $625 but the actual retail should be a lot lower.

The Fishman Loudbox Mini is a 60W little brute of an amp with an MP3 input an XLR output with really topshelf chorus and reverb.The beauty of this amp is that it weighs less than 20 lbs and costs less than $500.

The Genz-Benz Shen-JRLT is a 45W acoustic amp with a 10" speaker and a tweeter,3 inputs and 2 channels.It's loaded with features that you usually find in much bigger and costlier amps,the MSRP is just over $600 but the actual retail price should be considerably less.

The Ibanez Troubador T150S is another feature packed acoustic amp with 2-75W channels and mic inputs the MSRP is about $600 but realistically the actual retail should be much less.

The Kustom Sienna35 is great bang for the buck.It has a 10 speaker and 30W,and a guitar and mic input.It mightn't have all the features as the previous amps but the MSRP is only $270.

The Peavey Ecoustic E20 is a 20W 2 channel amp with a solid state preamp it has a full range 8" speaker with a headpkhone output and seperate level controls for each Channel.The MSRP is only $150.

Peavey's Ecoustic E110 is 100W with a wide range 10" speaker and a 3" horn,it has a 9 band EQ,XLR and 1/4" inputs plus reverb,delay,chorus and many other features to make it one of the most versatile yet compact acousticamps out there.The MSRP is $500.

Well that's a few amps for you to consider,I didn't know what your price range was so I put in a mixed bag of amps.Happy amp hunting.

Welcome to the Forum Filipe,there is always help around the corner for any questions that you may have,I hope that you stick around.

Archived