Gibson Brands Forums

Henderson Style 45

JuanCarlosVejar

We had a very nice visit and jam session with Wayne a few years ago, and we got to play that guitar. We also played his Martin vintage D-45 and his '37 D-28. We had several guitars with us that day, and Wayne played them -- I don't remember all we had, but we did have the old AJ and a '43 J-45. Wayne proclaimed the J-45 a "blues guitar" and we played some blues -- with me on harp. He is such a delightful and admirable man -- a real hero I think.

The old guitar he bought back looks a lot better in the video that when we saw it -- he said it was often kept outside without a case, and it showed it. The bullet hole is from a 22 -- pretty small -- and right dead center to the sound hole. Wayne said it looked like a perfect shot.

When we got home, we found we were missing a mandolin -- a 1917 Gibson Army-Navy. We had no idea where it was -- we thought it must have been left at the motel, but they could not find it. Well, it turns out we had left it at Wayne's party -- he eventually figured out it belong to us and got in touch. When he called he said "After the party, I always look for stuff that gets left. I always hope someone will leave an old herringbone, but all I ever find is maybe a tuner. This is as close as I have come so far!"

You can't say to many good things about Wayne.

Best,

-Tom

Archived