Gibson Brands Forums

LP Special with B Bender

Fred D.

Hi all,

I've just bought a Les Paul Special with a factory fitted Glaser B-Bender. The guitar looks awesome with this typical Telecaster wood configuration (maple neck and ash body) and it plays great (I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise, uh?).

On Gibson website they say that you can set it to a G-Bender as well. I assume it's only the B saddle that needs to be swapped with the G saddle but I was surprised not to find any documentation on how to setup the Glaser bender in the case.

The only accessories it came with were:

- truss rod tool,

- strap lock set,

- final checkup list,

- owner manual (very generic with no reference to this model)

- case key

Am I missing something with my guitar? I figured out how to set the tension spring and how to set the "bending" range applied by the B-bender - half a step, a whole step... but I was hoping to get a few details regarding the saddle swap.

Thanks,

Fred

Adding pictures of the bridge:

549884_10200278559062719_2094893885_n.jpg

And here is what it looks like under the skirt:

529900_10200278559182722_437254685_n.jpg

482322_10200278558662709_1464020636_n.jpg

I haven't shot pictures yet (except the Gibson family pic in my presentation) but will add pictures to this thread as soon as I can. I recorded a quick video yesterday with a close up of the bridge and b bender saddle. But don't look for a B-bender expert as it's the first time I play such device.

Here is the link to my video:

Would love to see a pic of this Lester, some close up shots

of the b bender mechanism.

Archived