Gibson Brands Forums

Hi all...brand new member here and new NGD!!!!

MistaSnowman

They have the Epi Pro Buckers. I have to tell you that I really like these pickups. I love clarity and chime and these have it!. I like them better than the 57 Classics in my Gibson ES 335 and the 490/498T in my Gibson Les Paul Custom.

The Pro Buckers are supposed to be identical to Gibson's own Burstbucker pickups with the difference being that the Pro Buckers are manufactured overseas. They are my favorite sounding humbucker to date. Not bad for an Epi! I guess when it comes to Gibson my fave would obviously be their Burstbuckers.

Agree on all counts. I like Burstbuckers best of Gibson's current PU's. Probuckers are nice PU's, not exactly like Burstbuckers, but close. The new Alnico Classic Pros are very good too. Never been able to get the tones I want from Gibson '57 Classics, no matter pots or magnets I try. The 498T/490R is a challenge for some players, with the bright, thin bridge and dark neck; makes it tough to get one amp EQ setting that works well for both.

Awesome guitar Mista! I love the gold hardware. I'm sure it will serve you well for a long time to come. I'd look into a hard shell case for that bad boy!

Adam

At the moment, she's not going to travel much but she will eventually get a hard case.

Here's the deal...

It's a very, very nice looking instrument and appears to have more than typical versatility for an LP. No, I ain't an LP fan, but my baby bro (28 years younger) is, and he figures his Epi LP is the best playing guitar he's ever owned - and he's been pickin' off 'n' on well over 20 years himself.

Here's the deal, though. I'd recommend personally messin' with different strings as you get into this guitar. For example, light all nickel are likely to function and sound somewhat different at different settings than medium nickel plated - and light flats will sound and play yet very differently.

Thing is, you have a marvelous platform to base a new time for your pickin' career.

On the other hand... never forget that GAS is a disease unlikely to be "cured" by pickin'. In fact, IMHO, that's what makes the disease into a chronic condition.

Glad you're happy with the guitar, 'cuz that will do more to improve your music than nearly any other factor.

m

I just noticed another dangerous factor...

If Mr. S were grinning much more with that pretty new guitar, the top of his head would fall off. <grin>

Don't blame him much, though.

m

I just noticed another dangerous factor...

If Mr. S were grinning much more with that pretty new guitar, the top of his head would fall off. <grin>

Don't blame him much, though.

m

Words cannot express how happy I am over this guitar!!!

Archived