Gibson Brands Forums

Popping Phant-O-Matic

davistarr

Have a new Epi Wilshire Phant-O-Matic and it plays and sounds great. One small problem I would like to fix myself. Every time you touch the pickguard it pops through the amp. Just touching the plastic will do this, you do not have to touch any metal screws, pickups etc.

While playing every time your hand strums and touches the guard, you hear this pop. None of my other guitars do this. Is this a shielding issue under the pickguard or ?. Anyone solved this issue in the past.

Have a new Epi Wilshire Phant-O-Matic and it plays and sounds great. One small problem I would like to fix myself. Every time you touch the pickguard it pops through the amp. Just touching the plastic will do this, you do not have to touch any metal screws, pickups etc.

While playing every time your hand strums and touches the guard, you hear this pop. None of my other guitars do this. Is this a shielding issue under the pickguard or ?. Anyone solved this issue in the past.

It is a grounding issue. There is something touching the pickguard that is not grounded very well. Check and see if the pickguard has shielding tape on it!!! If not, that maybe your path, if all grounding connects are solid.

Archived