Gibson Brands Forums

Yamaha THR 10 Pracitce Amp

sundown08

Hi Everyone:

I was recently at Guitar Center looking for a practice Amp for use with my 335. I ran across a really cool little practice amp made by Yamaha called the THR 10. They did not have a 335 handy so I plugged in a Les Paul to hear what it sounded like. I was quite impressed. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has ever used this amp with a 335?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

It's a very good amp. I've played a variety of guitars through mine, including my 335. It does humbuckers, single-coils, and P-90s equally well. It's highly portable and appears robust. The sounds and effects are either good, or they are tweakable to become good. It has some interesting "tricks" like replicating amp bloom and feedback at higher gain levels. It's worth the money. I bought mine because sometimes I just want to play something quickly without having to set-up my tube amps, warm them up, connect the pedals, etc., etc. I don't expect that it will conquer the world, but it works very well within its obvious limitations.

It's a very good amp. I've played a variety of guitars through mine, including my 335. It does humbuckers, single-coils, and P-90s equally well. It's highly portable and appears robust. The sounds and effects are either good, or they are tweakable to become good. It has some interesting "tricks" like replicating amp bloom and feedback at higher gain levels. It's worth the money. I bought mine because sometimes I just want to play something quickly without having to set-up my tube amps, warm them up, connect the pedals, etc., etc. I don't expect that it will conquer the world, but it works very well within its obvious limitations.

I'd ditto everything that Brian said, and add that also it is one of the few devices that I enjoy playing with headphones connected, something I usually can't stand. So there must be some magic going on there as well.

Hi Everyone:

Thank you all so much for the great feedback. I really liked this amp and love the size and sound it puts out. Like others sometimes I just want to plug in and jam without hooking up all of my bigger gear. Heading out to Guitar Center to pick one up.

Thanks again all!

Regards,

Steve

Archived