Gibson Brands Forums

Fret buzz

lengle1981

Been playing my new Sheraton plugged in. anyway, i've now unplugged it and there's some real buzz coming off most of the strings. I've highered the action and its still doing it. The neck looks straight but its definitely buzzing/rattling.

Anyone else had this issue with their Sheraton reissue?

How do you have the bridge height adjusted ? If you have it even on both sides , chances are that could be the culprit . Usually the Bass side should be higher while the Treble is lower in relation to the bridge. Also ,is your neck perfectly straight or is there any bow in it at all ? Also how is the intonation on it ? If that isn't set right , that could be a cause of the buzzing as well.

How do you have the bridge height adjusted ? If you have it even on both sides , chances are that could be the culprit . Usually the Bass side should be higher while the Treble is lower in relation to the bridge. Also ,is your neck perfectly straight or is there any bow in it at all ? Also how is the intonation on it ? If that isn't set right , that could be a cause of the buzzing as well.

I sent it back today and I'm getting a replacement now but thanks for your input. I played about with it but just couldn't get it right.

Archived