Gibson Brands Forums

The Johnny A. Guitar

CR9

Johnny A. has a new album out called "Driven". It displays the versatility of the the Johnny A. guitar. So many tones. Check out the sounds of a Johnny A. guitar at Johnnya.com

For lots of photos of the guitars, check out the Johnny A Guitar Registry

Yes this might be called spam, but it is for the Gibson Johnny A guitar. The Johnny A guitar registry is not for profit and sells nothing, just displays photos of the guitar.

My second Johnny A Signature guitar just arrived this afternoon. I picked up my first about 2 months ago and it is such an amazing guitar, I went and bought another one. This time with a bigsby. I love the neck shape and the frets seem lower than on my other Gibsons. Very light weight too. Great for a beat up old guy like me. I'm not sure how these are wired but I seem to be able to control the volume and the tone much more than my other guitars. Wish I sounded and played as good as Johnny, but I'm sure having fun trying.

• 2 weeks later...

My second Johnny A Signature guitar just arrived this afternoon. I picked up my first about 2 months ago and it is such an amazing guitar, I went and bought another one. This time with a bigsby. I love the neck shape and the frets seem lower than on my other Gibsons. Very light weight too. Great for a beat up old guy like me. I'm not sure how these are wired but I seem to be able to control the volume and the tone much more than my other guitars. Wish I sounded and played as good as Johnny, but I'm sure having fun trying.

What?!? No pictures... No vids...

What?!? No pictures... No vids...

No pics yet.

But you can see Johnny A playing the actual second one I bought.

Here is a vid of him playing one very similar to the first one. Same configuration and finish. Mine weighs a bit more by a coupla ounces.

Archived