Gibson Brands Forums

2015 MM?

jakabony

I have a 2014 Melody Maker. It doesn't look like Gibson is making this for the 2015 model year. Does anyone know more about that? They only made it for one year. Usually guitar companies do that if it doesn't sell well or it was priced too low. Anyone know?

Well im sure it will be back at some point..... hmmmm, maybe....

It depends on what happens next year I guess with the new models and changes.. They said they are streamlining the models.. and if they do come back will they be like the more LP 2014 model or go back the more traditional looking ones with the skinny headstock?

For now you just have a junior and double cut special...

And yes from everything I have read about it Gibson are trying to stay out of the lower end market possibly to give Epiphone some more breathing room.. Who knows?

Just curious. I also have a 2009 Fender Lite Ash Tele tbat they only made for 5 years or so. The guy at the Fender shop said, when I bought it, that manufacturers stop making model for one of two reasons: it's not selling, or people were getting too much for their money. Not sure if anyone else has heard that or not. I think the MM is an awesome guitar for the money, so I would hope it would be the latter reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious. I also have a 2009 Fender Lite Ash Tele tbat they only made for 5 years or so. The guy at the Fender shop said, when I bought it, that manufacturers stop making model for one of two reasons: it's not selling, or people were getting too much for their money.

Find another shop.

rct

Archived