Gibson Brands Forums

What about my Les Paul Studio Faded

iluhaJC

I looked all your pictures. I very liked, thank you for a lot of pics))

I have a questioN, if you mind)

Why saddles (4-6) turned at 180 degrees?

Hello!

Thanks! :)

No real reason for the reversed saddles - purely aestetical. Usually, on older guitars, if the intonation can't be set with the bridge anymore, people used to reverse them to gain a bit more room for adjusting.

Cheers... Bence

For gaining the required adjustment range, I had to flip over some saddles on 2011-2013 Gibsons, too. This applies to seven G3rds and one E6th. On my Epiphone LP the saddles of B2nd, G3rd and E6th are reversed. No aesthetics, it's all about pure function. [biggrin]

Intonation settings are unpredictable for any specific guitar/strings combination. They depend on the particular mass-spring systems. These are built up by each string, mainly acting as a spring here, and the entire string suspension including body and neck mainly acting as mass. The mechanical impedance depends on lots of factors that would be too long to discuss here. As long as correct compensation can be achieved, it's all good. [thumbup]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Thanks! :)

No real reason for the reversed saddles - purely aestetical. Usually, on older guitars, if the intonation can't be set with the bridge anymore, people used to reverse them to gain a bit more room for adjusting.

Cheers... Bence

I thought so too but wasn't sure)

For gaining the required adjustment range, I had to flip over some saddles on 2011-2013 Gibsons, too. This applies to seven G3rds and one E6th. On my Epiphone LP the saddles of B2nd, G3rd and E6th are reversed. No aesthetics, it's all about pure function. [biggrin]

Intonation settings are unpredictable for any specific guitar/strings combination. They depend on the particular mass-spring systems. These are built up by each string, mainly acting as a spring here, and the entire string suspension including body and neck mainly acting as mass. The mechanical impedance depends on lots of factors that would be too long to discuss here. As long as correct compensation can be achieved, it's all good. [thumbup]

thank you! I was curious this question)But now i know is true)))

• 1 month later...

Archived