Gibson Brands Forums

What about my Les Paul Studio Faded

iluhaJC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all)

I did find the bridge "Schaller GTM 45061" for my gibson)), but i don't know what alloy and i didn't find spec.

Please, help my [confused]

I assume they use ZAMAK but I'm not sure about that.

By the way, I would love to see some pics of your Les Paul Studio Faded please... [love]

Hello!

I have no idea. I couldn't find anything about the material in the specifications.

Cheers... Bence

I have the same results [crying]

Why no manufacturer writes about it! But I not surprice, because this situation is encountered everywhere in Russia [crying] [crying]

strings snuggles bridge very hard for my mind) I don't worry about nashville's bringe [thumbup]

I will leave zamak's saddles yet)

First I grinding saddles then install new strings.

I did that and very satisfied.

I made the adjustments are: maximum immobilized bridge, lowered and locked tailpiece (used washers).

The sound did really changed.

I can record various sounds (before mod and after on the same settings) if you want of course.

Faber does that too.

But when You lower the tailpiece, watch the strings! They shouldn't touch the edge of the bridge.

Cheers... Bence

Yes, I know that)

Special "hand made deepening" for each string))

And I did lower not until the end of the tailpiece, I used unusual washers special (attached pic) for that.

post-65368-007034800 1424281050_thumb.jpg

Hello!

If You crank the tailpiece down, - due to better coupling - You might get better sustain, but You loose harmonic overtones and the string tension will feel stiffer.

I prefer to maintain the same string break angle from the bridge towards the tailpiece, as after the nut towards the machine heads.

HPIM4728_zps44db290b.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Hello!

If You crank the tailpiece down, - due to better coupling - You might get better sustain, but You loose harmonic overtones and the string tension will feel stiffer.

I did try both ways. I listen to the difference now. More gain with "crank the tailpiece down" and sound cleaner))) May be i will back to upper position if i will need)

I prefer to maintain the same string break angle from the bridge towards the tailpiece, as after the nut towards the machine heads.

it is cool position of tailpiece)) I like this too. But I trying, trying, trying..... and looking for... best sound))

thank you for pic!

Cheers... Bence

Hello!

Thanks! :)

No real reason for the reversed saddles - purely aestetical. Usually, on older guitars, if the intonation can't be set with the bridge anymore, people used to reverse them to gain a bit more room for adjusting.

Cheers... Bence

Archived