Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Trini Lopez 2014 (ES-335)

BonzoLastStand

Hi everyone!

I have a little problem with my brand new Gibson Trini Loepz (of course, as i've bought it a week ago, it's in warranty).

The guitar arrived with several "little white stains" on the fingerboard, in 6/7 frets. And with a little "hole" alongside the diamond inlay on the 12th fret.

The stains were not just dirt on the fingerboard...they were not removable (with lemon oil for example) as they looks like a part of the wood.

The hole is probably a mistake of a wrong size of the inaly.

I'm really sad and in the same time angry because it's a Custom model and i don't tolerate the huge mistakes on an expensive instrument.

Finally i'm able (it wasn't to easy to convince the dealer) to send it back and they will fix it. I don't know if the shop will do it or they will send the guitar to Gibson.

Is there anyone who has sent his guitar to an authorized repair center? They resolved your problems? And in terms of time?

I had a problem with a J200 a couple years ago. Took it back to my dealer, they sent it to the local authorized shop. The shop had to submit their proposed repair to Gibson for approval. Gibson rejected the repair and made them send it back to the factory. It was eventually replaced and I was very pleased.

My advice would be to follow the standard procedure, be very, very patient, and continue the process without accepting anything less than full satisfaction. I thought the Gibson service department was very responsive and did get the problem resolved.

Good luck

Hello Boz,

sorry for your bad luck. :( I never saw such stains on a fretboard before and can't say if it's something serious, but I guess it should be removable without causing big trouble. To me it looks like some small splashes of finish or glue.

However, it's hard to predict if the repair center will be authorized to do that, or will have to send the guitar to Gibson (which I think would mean Netherlands for Europe). Anyway, I wish you good luck for having the problem solved, and in case you otherwise love this particular guitar, that you might get her back.

I cross my fingers for you, mate! [-o<

I had a problem with a J200 a couple years ago. Took it back to my dealer, they sent it to the local authorized shop. The shop had to submit their proposed repair to Gibson for approval. Gibson rejected the repair and made them send it back to the factory. It was eventually replaced and I was very pleased.

My advice would be to follow the standard procedure, be very, very patient, and continue the process without accepting anything less than full satisfaction. I thought the Gibson service department was very responsive and did get the problem resolved.

Good luck

Hello Boz,

sorry for your bad luck. :( I never saw such stains on a fretboard before and can't say if it's something serious, but I guess it should be removable without causing big trouble. To me it looks like some small splashes of finish or glue.

However, it's hard to predict if the repair center will be authorized to do that, or will have to send the guitar to Gibson (which I think would mean Netherlands for Europe). Anyway, I wish you good luck for having the problem solved, and in case you otherwise love this particular guitar, that you might get her back.

I cross my fingers for you, mate! [-o<

Thanks for the support guys!

I've contacted the dealer and Gibson too. I have to say that the shop wasn't inclined to receive the guitar back to fix it as they said that it's not an issue (like a broken neck or something like that) but "only" an estetic issue and offered me 150 euro back (approximately 150 $..what's going on with currency exchange?!?! 1 euro was like 1,3 $!).

Gibson said that they were available to see the guitar in their european custom center (in Netherlands) and eventually fix it. So the dealer accepted the return. Tomorrow it will be shipped.

I brought the guitar to my luthier and he said that stains were not superficial as they were impossible to remove with a boater as the fingerboard absorbed the stain. The hole was cartainly an issue with glue and the inlay. So i've decided to send it back to fix...because it's a quite rare guitar (only 250 produced) and i was really dreaming to get this model.

My real concern (as if they will not accept the repair i'll probably exercise the right of recess) is about the timing [unsure]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived