Gibson Brands Forums

Genesis

rednefceleb

I surely love this Epi Genesis double cut. The Probuckers sound great to me. I own a Les Paul 60's Tribute Plus and the Gibson Classics of course are really fine, but not worlds better. The coil tap is much better for me than series-par. Can you Epiphone players please give me the low down on the 339 little hollow body? I have been wanting a good 339 player's guitar. Is the Epi 339 as good as the two beautiful solid bodied beauties that I now own? Rednefceleb.

I surely love this Epi Genesis double cut. The Probuckers sound great to me. I own a Les Paul 60's Tribute Plus and the Gibson Classics of course are really fine, but not worlds better. The coil tap is much better for me than series-par. Can you Epiphone players please give me the low down on the 339 little hollow body? I have been wanting a good 339 player's guitar. Is the Epi 339 as good as the two beautiful solid bodied beauties that I now own? Rednefceleb.

I have an Epi G400 Pro, and an ES339 Pro. They have the same humbuckers. To me, I prefer the sound and feel of my G400 over my ES339. Do I still love the ES339? Yup. But just like my children I love them all but have a secret favorite (don't lie parents--you all have a favorite).

That being said, the ES339 is a semi-hollow -- a block of wood runs down the center.

They both sound like electric guitarsrolleyes.gif...the 339 isn't as heavy as the Genesis...other than that, and how they look, they are both nice electric guitars. The 339 will feed back more than the Genesis, at high volume. To me, the neck on both feels about the same, "playability" is the same, to me.. I enjoy plunking away on both of them, no real preference. msp_smile.gifmsp_sleep.gif

I have both a Genesis and a 339 ULTRA and the Lee Malia LesPaul to me the 339 ULTRA has the best sound and with the dual outputs the sound options are great but I hear the Ultra is out of production so finding one might be a issue but worth the effort [thumbup]

I have both a Genesis and a 339 ULTRA and the Lee Malia LesPaul to me the 339 ULTRA has the best sound and with the dual outputs the sound options are great but I hear the Ultra is out of production so finding one might be a issue but worth the effort [thumbup]

Hey kb5szo. What is difference between "Ultra" and other 339. Also, where is best source to buy the Epiphone pickup "plugs" for quick install and removal. I'm am going to try a Gibson 498T in bridge position of my Genesis and will want to do it right and wire the 4 conductors to the 'quick plug' to keep everything tight. Also, any info. on Custom Shoppe Epis would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey kb5szo. What is difference between "Ultra" and other 339. Also, where is best source to buy the Epiphone pickup "plugs" for quick install and removal. I'm am going to try a Gibson 498T in bridge position of my Genesis and will want to do it right and wire the 4 conductors to the 'quick plug' to keep everything tight. Also, any info. on Custom Shoppe Epis would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well the 339 ultra has a NANO MAG pickup installed in the last area of the neck fretboard + the standard pickups - the Nanno Mag can be run through a different amp from the humbuckers --- I use an Acoustic AG60 for the Nanomag which can be totally pure and clean to some overdrive-- the Humbuckers through my Albion TCT35 for both a clean sound to a Super heavy overdrive sound --- the sound varity is great but the 339 Ultra was a limited production and not many are still avaliable so it will be hard to find but well worth checking out if you can find one --- other questions I can't answer Eddy

Archived