Gibson Brands Forums

L-00 replacement pick guard

BB Brown

I have a black 1932 L-00 12 fret that needs a new guard. I'm pretty sure it came with a white guard.

I've ordered a sheet of white and shaped it to fit, but it really looks bright compared to the bindings etc.

Even the L-00s I've seen online that say they are all original look bright white for an 80 year old guitar.

Any thoughts on aging one? Or other ideas.

Howdy BB. I have a nice duller looking one that I took off a '37 black L00 because I prefer the look w/o pickguards. It's been sitting on my workbench for a few years now, pressed between two books. It has a little glue residue that needs to be cleaned. I don't know if it's orig or whether you'd need to trim to fit depending on where the edge of your bridge is. We talked earlier about bridge replacement for your guitar. If you PM me your email I'll send you a pic laid on top of my L0 and L00. You're welcome to it if it fits, which it should. It looks just right on my (natural) 12 fretter

Jedzip, good to hear from you. I took a break from working on it for a bit, but back at it now. I did get the old stock Brazilian blank and painstakingly shaped it. It came out pretty good, I'll send a pic. I'm interested in pick guard, I'll send an email.

Archived