Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard T 2017 inventory

slk

I wonder why GC and Musicians friend seam to have the "2017 SG Standard T" in stock ready to ship when there are other vendors like Sweetwater and Sam Ash, etc that say there are more on the way. Is it that GC & Musicians Friend just out stocks the others because they are so huge.

Steve

Now that I could believe. I will say this that the majority of the vendors that say they are on the way are all saying around mid December plus or minus a week. Only time will tell. I do have mine on order, and I am ready to be patient.

Steve

Now that I could believe. I will say this that the majority of the vendors that say they are on the way are all saying around mid December plus or minus a week. Only time will tell. I do have mine on order, and I am ready to be patient.

Steve

Yea, I went to sam ash and GC looking for a 2017 firebird zero just to check out... no stock.. At GC I saw a new 2016 faded SG in warn cherry for like $ 599.00, in store sale only. I knew that the SG was a better guitar so...BANG... that baby was mine... I've since played one of the zero's, pretty cool guitar and the price is there... but I wouldn't trade my SG for it... plus it don't get no cooler than an SG if you ask me and Tony Iommi... [thumbup]

Are there any pros or cons for (Sweetwater or Sam Ash) Is one place any better than the other. I have only listed those two because they will offer me the same pricing. I can't do GC because I would have to pay tax which would be an extra $100 bucks.

Steve

Are there any pros or cons for (Sweetwater or Sam Ash) Is one place any better than the other. I have only listed those two because they will offer me the same pricing. I can't do GC because I would have to pay tax which would be an extra $100 bucks.

Steve

If your doing mail order, I "Think" Sweetwater does a setup on it before shipping... I'd check but I think it's them or musiciansfriend...

Archived