Gibson Brands Forums

Help me find a E2 pickguard

WhosOnFirst

• 1 month later...

I have used Pickguard Heaven (Chandler Music) before to have a new pickguard made for a Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer (thick, all black, one layer).

They did a good job and it took a couple of weeks to have it made. For this Explorer, they had the pattern on file, although I made a trace of the original (including screw holes and the switch hole) in case they needed it. It was about $50 including shipping.

I also have a 1982 Explorer E2 CMT for which I want a new pickguard (to preserve the original and not destroy it while playing it) but it looks like they do not have the exact pattern on file, so I'll have to send them a tracing. The original pickguard on my 82 is a 5-layer "Black-White-Black-White-Black" 8-screw hole and a switch hole, which is different from the 2011 Thunderhorse model.

Anyway, I did not have any issues with them and will use them again.

Hope this helps,

-Wade

Some years ago, I bought a V2 with the pickguard missing. Chandler had the pattern to make that one. They likely have the E2 also. After I installed the replacement, the original owner found the original pickguard. The Chandler replacement was very close to the original.

Some years ago, I bought a V2 with the pickguard missing. Chandler had the pattern to make that one. They likely have the E2 also. After I installed the replacement, the original owner found the original pickguard. The Chandler replacement was very close to the original.

This place also seems to make custom, hard to find parts............

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/truss-rod-covers-1/

Archived