Gibson Brands Forums

Paige Capos - What's the consensus

mking

I have three capos: Paige, Elliot and Kat Eyez. The Paige has been my go-to for the last several months. (I bought a second one for backup!) It latches cleanly and, after what seems to be a short "break-in", they snug quickly and smoothly...........they work very well on the Gibson radius. I'm trying to make friends with the Elliot again. It does not snug up as quickly and the bail has popped open twice. The Kat Eyez is quite nice but doesn't snug up as easily as the Paige. The difference to my thinking is the thread count on the thumbscrew: Paige uses a 10-32 while Elliot and Kat Eyez is perhaps a 10-20, maybe a 10-24. The finer thread seems to adjust quicker and smoother than the coarse.

All three sit well behind the nut and will not pull the strings sharp if no overtightened. One of the three is always on the headstock of my guitars, in the case or out.

I have three capos: Paige, Elliot and Kat Eyez. The Paige has been my go-to for the last several months. (I bought a second one for backup!) It latches cleanly and, after what seems to be a short "break-in", they snug quickly and smoothly...........they work very well on the Gibson radius. I'm trying to make friends with the Elliot again. It does not snug up as quickly and the bail has popped open twice. The Kat Eyez is quite nice but doesn't snug up as easily as the Paige. The difference to my thinking is the thread count on the thumbscrew: Paige uses a 10-32 while Elliot and Kat Eyez is perhaps a 10-20, maybe a 10-24. The finer thread seems to adjust quicker and smoother than the coarse.

All three sit well behind the nut and will not pull the strings sharp if no overtightened. One of the three is always on the headstock of my guitars, in the case or out.

Thank you. Especially mentioning the Gibson neck. I would be using the Paige on my J-45, LG-2, and L-00.

Because the capo needs to match the radius of the fretboard, we keep one with each guitar and/or banjo. We have one Elliot, about 20 Kysers, about 50 Paiges, and assorted other stuff.

I guess we like Paiges.

Here is an old picture.

capos.jpg

clustercapo.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

Archived