Gibson Brands Forums: Piezo for SS-2F - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Piezo for SS-2F

#1 User is offline   srunyon1 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Being an old Steinberger Owner. I would so love a new one with a Piezo Bridge but I really don't want the long Neck of a Baritone. Why don't they make this? I wonder if you could find a ST-2FPA body and put it on a SS-2F neck? Will stienberger make one for me??? Im sure they would sell a ton if they made this guitar.. Also why not add Midi since they have the bridge pickup.. that would be my dream guitar. Stienberger. Midi , EMG's and Piezo :) ahhhh I could only dream....

#2 User is offline   Bob Trageser 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing the other day... I used to own a Transcale and I couldn't get used to the longer scale neck, but I loved the sounds I could get out of that guitar!!! Best guitar I've ever owned!
Steinberger please give us a short neck version of the transcale! I wish Steinberger could give us the trans-trem ZT-3 with the piezo (I know, I want everything!)

#3 User is offline   headlost 

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

Well, then why change the car when it's just enough to change the wheels, maybe only the tires? :-)
OK, for those who already own a SS-F2, it seems just enough to purchase a Synapse piezo saddle assembly from MusicYo, and also a mixing preamp (Fishman PowerChip or GraphTech Ghost Acoustiphonic i.e.) and bring all that stuff to a luthier good in guitar electronics, so he can swap the saddles and install the new piezo system the best, safest way.
You may also purchase a battery box from MusicYo and see where is it located in the Transcale, so original aesthetics will be preserved.

Greetings, JPB

#4 User is offline   headlost 

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:13 AM

Never mind the battery box, the SS-F2 must have one already, for the active EMGs :-)

#5 User is offline   BluesWalker 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

Note that Music Yo has gone out of business, so you need to find another part source.

#6 User is offline   headlost 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

Yes, that are the bad news, their website shut down and I didn't notice when I wrote the previous posts. Maybe those parts will show up in the Gibson Store website, a lot of people is crossing their fingers for that...

#7 User is offline   vestiges 

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Bringing back an old thread..

Has anyone fitted an SS-2F with a piezo bridge? If so, how can one attain one, and how much do they run? What is the installation process like?

#8 User is offline   Mvega 

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'm bumping this, hoping someone else has figured out a solution in the meantime.

I love my SS-2F so much that I'm planning on picking up a second one. I really like the idea of the Transcale's piezo but I'd prefer to stick with an SS-2F with a piezo, because it's the best neck I've ever played. I don't need the longer scale of the Transcale anyway, since I already string my SS-2F one with baritone strings (I tune down to Open E Spanish).

Do the Graph-Tech Ghost saddles work with the Steinberger bridge? Another brand I should look at?

#9 User is offline   ibSkyBlue 

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Not a piezo fan.
Eats batteries.
The Demon's long scale was attractive until my hands hurt.
Flings are phun!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users