Gibson Brands Forums

Piezo for SS-2F

srunyon1

Being an old Steinberger Owner. I would so love a new one with a Piezo Bridge but I really don't want the long Neck of a Baritone. Why don't they make this? I wonder if you could find a ST-2FPA body and put it on a SS-2F neck? Will stienberger make one for me??? Im sure they would sell a ton if they made this guitar.. Also why not add Midi since they have the bridge pickup.. that would be my dream guitar. Stienberger. Midi , EMG's and Piezo :) ahhhh I could only dream....

I was thinking the same thing the other day... I used to own a Transcale and I couldn't get used to the longer scale neck, but I loved the sounds I could get out of that guitar!!! Best guitar I've ever owned!

Steinberger please give us a short neck version of the transcale! I wish Steinberger could give us the trans-trem ZT-3 with the piezo (I know, I want everything!)

Well, then why change the car when it's just enough to change the wheels, maybe only the tires? :-)

OK, for those who already own a SS-F2, it seems just enough to purchase a Synapse piezo saddle assembly from MusicYo, and also a mixing preamp (Fishman PowerChip or GraphTech Ghost Acoustiphonic i.e.) and bring all that stuff to a luthier good in guitar electronics, so he can swap the saddles and install the new piezo system the best, safest way.

You may also purchase a battery box from MusicYo and see where is it located in the Transcale, so original aesthetics will be preserved.

Greetings, JPB

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm bumping this, hoping someone else has figured out a solution in the meantime.

I love my SS-2F so much that I'm planning on picking up a second one. I really like the idea of the Transcale's piezo but I'd prefer to stick with an SS-2F with a piezo, because it's the best neck I've ever played. I don't need the longer scale of the Transcale anyway, since I already string my SS-2F one with baritone strings (I tune down to Open E Spanish).

Do the Graph-Tech Ghost saddles work with the Steinberger bridge? Another brand I should look at?

• 7 months later...

Archived