Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
srunyon1

Piezo for SS-2F

Being an old Steinberger Owner. I would so love a new one with a Piezo Bridge but I really don't want the long Neck of a Baritone. Why don't they make this? I wonder if you could find a ST-2FPA body and put it on a SS-2F neck? Will stienberger make one for me??? Im sure they would sell a ton if they made this guitar.. Also why not add Midi since they have the bridge pickup.. that would be my dream guitar. Stienberger. Midi , EMG's and Piezo :) ahhhh I could only dream....

I was thinking the same thing the other day... I used to own a Transcale and I couldn't get used to the longer scale neck, but I loved the sounds I could get out of that guitar!!! Best guitar I've ever owned!
Steinberger please give us a short neck version of the transcale! I wish Steinberger could give us the trans-trem ZT-3 with the piezo (I know, I want everything!)

Well, then why change the car when it's just enough to change the wheels, maybe only the tires? :-)
OK, for those who already own a SS-F2, it seems just enough to purchase a Synapse piezo saddle assembly from MusicYo, and also a mixing preamp (Fishman PowerChip or GraphTech Ghost Acoustiphonic i.e.) and bring all that stuff to a luthier good in guitar electronics, so he can swap the saddles and install the new piezo system the best, safest way.
You may also purchase a battery box from MusicYo and see where is it located in the Transcale, so original aesthetics will be preserved.

Greetings, JPB

Yes, that are the bad news, their website shut down and I didn't notice when I wrote the previous posts. Maybe those parts will show up in the Gibson Store website, a lot of people is crossing their fingers for that...

Bringing back an old thread..

Has anyone fitted an SS-2F with a piezo bridge? If so, how can one attain one, and how much do they run? What is the installation process like?

I'm bumping this, hoping someone else has figured out a solution in the meantime.

I love my SS-2F so much that I'm planning on picking up a second one. I really like the idea of the Transcale's piezo but I'd prefer to stick with an SS-2F with a piezo, because it's the best neck I've ever played. I don't need the longer scale of the Transcale anyway, since I already string my SS-2F one with baritone strings (I tune down to Open E Spanish).

Do the Graph-Tech Ghost saddles work with the Steinberger bridge? Another brand I should look at?