Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200ce Solid Top? See Photos and Decide

Larry1958Texan

According to the Epiphone website, the EJ 200 (now) has a solid top.

Link to EJ 200 Specs

Specs change : )

Red 333

I'm aware that Epi has changed the specs going forward. But, the online retailers like GC, MF, ZZ, etc. all still list it with "select spruce".

I bought it thinking it was laminated and I didn't care because I liked the way it played and sounded. I'm thinking they changed the production over to solid top sometime earlier in 2010 and didn't tell anybody. And, I just got lucky.

Maybe that's why it sounds so good!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow nice photos. :) Indeed it looks solid.

Question of my own - I own an EJ200 made in 2009...is there any chance to exchange it with one that has a solid top? Or would that be wise to begin with?

*Complication, this is really stupid, but I forgot activate the warrantee because right after I bought the guitar I had to go out of town for about two months so I missed the 15 day period that I was supposed to do it but didn't remember about it until much much later. :(

• 2 weeks later...

What is the serial number on the new solid top models? I have a 2007 SI serial number that I love greatly, but will be getting a solid top model. I have lusted after the EJ-300's for this reason, but now that the 200 has a solid top, the decision is made. Question is whether to sell my current one or not!

Archived