Gibson Brands Forums

Anal.

hoverp

Ok this is going to sound anal but the end pin on my SJ200 is a vintage looking brass very dark , all the strap buttons I have seen out there are black, silver, or bright brass /gold colored.

Does anybody know of a Gibson or other maker of strap buttons that might match a tarnished looking vintage looking endpin?

I just like it to match ....(I know I am weird)!

Thanks

Patrick.

Yes Sir, its more of a darker tarnished brown brass look ..looks like it could be a copper mix I guess. I looked on the website and all the online google searches but to no avail. I can only come up with bright brass. I would like to ask the factory if they make one but I doubt they would respond to me.

patrick, that guitar just re-defines exquisite. Does it sound as glorious as it looks? It is positively edible.

With regard to the dark brass endpin, that is the standard endpin jack for the L.R. Baggs Element Active, Gibson's current stock acoustic pickup. I don't know of any strap button manufacturers that do buttons to match, but it might well be worth e-mailing Baggs and enquiring with them.

On a related note, I gig heavily and wouldn't be without a straplock on the neck heel button point of my acoustics. I've seen some horrible and expensive stage crashage of beautiful guitars over the years due to straps falling off buttons, and whilst the endpin end is secure when the guitar is plugged in, the heel point is vulnerable. I fit Schallers as standard to all my guitars and straps, but there are plenty of options out there-one of my bandmates uses Dunlops,which are excellent if a little bulkier.

This is all just my humble opinion and way of doing things of course...I'd just be heartbroken on your behalf if I heard down the line that that utterly ravishing 200 of yours had taken a stage dive!

Jinder, Thanks ..it playes beautifully! I really enjoy spending time with it. Its so different than anything I have owned..I will definately consider your learned advide on the Schaller locking type.

Thanks guys for the inputs

Cheers to you all !

Archived