Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta laugh...

daveinspain

Just got an e-mail add sent to my in box from CustomS hop Guitars, don't know how I got on their list... I've never bought anything from them. Anyway the are advertising aBran New PRS Guitar called the PRS Stripped '58 Goldtop... So was this guitar modeled after 1958 specs? Did PRS exist in 58? Does it look like a 58? I think the answer is no to all of that but here it is the PRS Stripped '58 Goldtop

ScreenShot2013-04-06at24613PM_zps773f789f.png

Then they also sent me this, The Brazilian Blue Fade... How is this possible? I though Brazillian rosewood has been banned...?

ScreenShot2013-04-06at24713PM_zps22f3acf4.png

Guest Farnsbarns

There is so much pre-cities certified Brazilian rosewood around I can't see it running out soon. I've heard of the notion of it being confiscated at airports but never seen anything from a reputable source. Could this be urban legend? I mean, how does some customs clerk know Brazilian rosewood from Indian rosewood, on sight, if no one else does?

Not to mention its use in Brazil, some Brazilian members at MyLesPaul.com have posted pictures of furniture made out of the stuff, new furniture. for sale in stores. Then again cites rules have to do a lot with borders.

As for PRS I would probably buy a Tele before and that is a hell of a lot to say coming from me.

Archived