Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard on Broadway

JammyDodger

Hi All,

I have recently bought a beautiful Epiphone Broadway. The did not come with a pickguard and I would like to find one. Can anyone tell me if the Broadway pickguard is unique or is it the same as the Joe Pass / emperor or the 175? Where would be a good place to order one?

Best Regards, Mike

Hi All,

I have recently bought a beautiful Epiphone Broadway. The did not come with a pickguard and I would like to find one. Can anyone tell me if the Broadway pickguard is unique or is it the same as the Joe Pass / emperor or the 175? Where would be a good place to order one?

Best Regards, Mike

Try these guys for brackets and screws. Not positive, but I believe it's the 0628-002, it look s a lot like that anyway. Somebody else asked this same question, not too long ago, you might do a search in the Forums (upper right hand corner, above). Gretsch uses a similar double-bend bracket that might work.

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/hardware_bracket.htm

Well, there are several Broadway owners here. I wonder if one of them couldn't do a tracing for the template? Terrapin has done guards for me from tracings. Parabar, didn't you do a tracing a while ago? Another thought would be to find a template from Terrapin that is the shape you want and print it out. You can adjust the pickup cut outs to fit your guitar (they may slightly vary, from year to year anyway), then send it in. I did that for an Ibanez AS80 (which he also didn't have) and it turned out great. Don't give up yet.

Well, there are several Broadway owners here. I wonder if one of them couldn't do a tracing for the template? Terrapin has done guards for me from tracings. Parabar, didn't you do a tracing a while ago? Another thought would be to find a template from Terrapin that is the shape you want and print it out. You can adjust the pickup cut outs to fit your guitar (they may slightly vary, from year to year anyway), then send it in. I did that for an Ibanez AS80 (which he also didn't have) and it turned out great. Don't give up yet.

The Broadway pickguard is quite different from the Joe Pass. It's closer to the shape of a Sheraton pickguard, but I believe the pickup spacing is different due to the Broadway's longer scale. I do have a tracing available --- I'll be happy to e-mail it to anyone who wants one. Just send me a PM with the e-mail address of where you'd like me to send it, and it's yours!

Paul Setzer at Setzer Signs is the guy you want. He is considered a God amongst the Gretsch guitar people. He will do anything you want in the way of pickguards. Paul cuts his own pickguards, he doesn't just use blanks. setzersigns@yahoo.com

Here are examples of Paul's work-

http://s99.photobucket.com/user/setzersigns/library/#/user/setzersigns/library/?page=1&_suid=1365522797520010921252463122138

Archived