Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Epiphone LP Custom Pro Silverburst

Hey All, This is my first time posting and wanted to show off my latest prize. I received this Custom Pro in silverburst a couple of weeks ago and promptly threw on a Bigsby vibrato (with the help of a Vibramate which made it super easy to install), a set of Schaller straplocks, and a new set of D'Addario EXP115 strings, and have been loving this baby! Still getting used to the coil split - really like the idea but I notice a volume drop when engaging it.. Re-stringing with the Bigsby is a pain in the arse! (Any tips or hints here gladly welcome) Since taking the photo I did move the three lower strings (E A & D) to under the bar as well

Anyway, here she is..

post-54838-082476600 1366309669_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kong and lengle!

The Bigsby arm kind of blocks the neck pickup volume knob, so that's something else to get used to.

I find I'm using the volume knobs more now too with the coil-tap, to try to even out the difference in humbucker vs split coil. Still, having fun with it!

Thanks Kong and lengle!

The Bigsby arm kind of blocks the neck pickup volume knob, so that's something else to get used to.

I find I'm using the volume knobs more now too with the coil-tap, to try to even out the difference in humbucker vs split coil. Still, having fun with it!

Just move the bigsby arm down. I do that on my 355 so that it doesn't block the knobs. To be honest I don't use it much, I just like the look of it more than anything.

Archived