Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson non reverse firebird studio

lengle1981

Anyone have one of these, anyone care to give me their thoughts?

I'm also just wondering if these will continue to be made? I ask because today I decided to start saving for one of these. It's gonna be a long year but I think it'll be worth it. It's one guitar I've always always wanted. I was looking at alternatives that are similar but in the end i just thought I'd save for the real thing.

Anyone have one of these, anyone care to give me their thoughts?

I'm also just wondering if these will continue to be made? I ask because today I decided to start saving for one of these. It's gonna be a long year but I think it'll be worth it. It's one guitar I've always always wanted. I was looking at alternatives that are similar but in the end i just thought I'd save for the real thing.

no its a limited release 400(ish) of each colour, try before you buy, i dont like the p90's in it because of the hum they produce but the neck is slim which i love and its coil tapped so you have more sound options, all pelham blue one's have a baked maple fretboard which looks a little to light for my taste but plays nice and the vintage sunburst early one's have a rosewood board then they changed to baked maple

I have the vintage sunburst with the rosewood board. I really like the overall feel and tone of the guitar. The slimmer neck took some getting used to though. The pickup combos are pretty much worth the price of the guitar if you are into P90s, I just the phase switching alot for accent stuff in the studio.

Yes, as suggested, perhaps a little caution is the order of the day...

I was very tempted to get one of these when they first became available...the spec looked exciting...

Then, not surprisingly, some average feedback came back from owners...the guitar is, after all keenly priced...

So I abandoned the idea of the Studio and got the last 'full fat' version in the UK at the time...nearly double the price...

But built to perfection and a cherished long termer... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Archived