Gibson Brands Forums

Swingster Bigbsy Question

natsteel

The wire arm of the Bigsby on my Swingster has come loose, literally come out. But because I haven't had it that long, I can't even tell if something is missing/fell off. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The wire arm of the Bigsby on my Swingster has come loose, literally come out. But because I haven't had it that long, I can't even tell if something is missing/fell off. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an easy fix, no need for warranty work here..

There are two set screws on the bottom side where the chet wire fits in the mounting chamber that secure the wire to the bigsby.

There should also be an alan wrench provided (should be in the case candy that you got with the guitar)

It's a standard sized wrench so you should be able to find one in a set of alan wrenches that you can buy at any hardware store if it somehow wasn't in the case.

or you probably have some hanging around, (I think it's the same size that you would use to adjust fender style bridge saddles.)

Archived