Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Hummingbird vs Hummingbird Pro Neck Profile?

Sessiondrums

Hey everyone,

can anyone tell me if the difference in Neck profile and/or Nut width between the Gibson Hummingbird Pro or the Gibby Hummingbird-- I"ve heard people describe the neck of the Pro to be 'Chunky' or 'Thick' with a wide Nut width, .

I realize that the Hummingbird Pro is basically a Songwriter body (for lack of a better description) But, I was just curious which one between the two has a more thinner or smaller neck profile..

Thanks guys. . .!!! [biggrin]

Hey everyone,

can anyone tell me if the difference in Neck profile and/or Nut width between the Gibson Hummingbird Pro or the Gibby Hummingbird-- I"ve heard people describe the neck of the Pro to be 'Chunky' or 'Thick' with a wide Nut width, .

I realize that the Hummingbird Pro is basically a Songwriter body (for lack of a better description) But, I was just curious which one between the two has a more thinner or smaller neck profile..

Thanks guys. . .!!! [biggrin]

I have both and like them both.

There are some noticable differences.

They both have the slim 60's rounded neck profile.

The HB Pro has a 1.6875" nut width. If you have large hands you will really notice the crowding of the fingers on the first few frets. It also has a 25 1/2” scale .

The HB Standard has a 1.725" nut width which is a little more roomier. it also has a 24-3/4” scale which I think is more comfortable string tension.

I have both and like them both.

There are some noticable differences.

They both have the slim 60's rounded neck profile.

The HB Pro has a 1.6875" nut width. If you have large hands you will really notice the crowding of the fingers on the first few frets. It also has a 25 1/2” scale .

The HB Standard has a 1.725" nut width which is a little more roomier. it also has a 24-3/4” scale which I think is more comfortable string tension.

Hey Dave, Thanks so much for the info!

I did realize that the Hummingbird Pro had slimmer feeling neck than the standard Gibby Hummingbird. . .But, its good to know!

In your opinion is the neck a little easier to get used to or easier to play than the Standard Hummingbird?

Also does anyone know if the Hummingbird Pro has the same neck as the Hummingbird Pro Cutaway? I'm guessing it would be the same exact nect. But, I was just curious. . .

Thanks again, Ray

Archived