Gibson Brands Forums

heres your colour burst PM

blindboygrunt

That faded cherryburst looks pretty nice. When they were new, these 'burst were a bit bright for my taste. This guitar is nice in that it has the standard dark mahogany back and sides, rather than the cherry stain.

I'm pretty sure that is a replacement bridge. The original would have been belly-down, like this, but be an adj.

Too red for me matey, never been a fan of Gibson cherry burst, the brown & honey bursts look great though.

I must admit the appeal of some std birds you see is the orangey tones from it. Not a fan of red at all...

I'd like a wine stained one or a brown top like a 345 top, that amber burst (not the bling) . Too much black in the normal bursts to my taste if I'm honest, would love my bursts to fade out a bit, not likely though.

Bridge looks bigger that what would be appropriate for a '66.

Not sure about that. I pulled a '68 belly-down bridge out of my stash, and the proportions are very, very similar, to the point where I'd have to measure it before saying anything. I still contend it should be an adj in '66, but the slot could easily have been filled on this one.

Archived