Gibson Brands Forums

ZT Lunchbox Acoustic Amp

Brewboy

I've been trying to find a simple PA solution for small venues and came across the ZT Lunchbox Acoustic amp. Tried one out at the local music store yesterday and was pretty impressed by the tone/volume. Wasn't able to try the vocal channel though. Anyone have some real world experience with this amp? Would be nice for coffee shop/farmers market type gigs if it has enough grunt. I do share ownership with my band on a older Bose system, but I don't like the fact there is no reverb and sometimes it's hard to coordinate with the rest of the band to pick it up, etc.

Just want something fairly inexpensive and easy to carry around.

Any ideas appreciated.

I have both a Marshall AS100D and a Behringer ACX900. The Marshall is the superior acoustic amp but I wouldn't want to schlepp it to gigs a whole bunch as it is heavy and big, but it does a lot of things well. It even handles a Telecaster in a pinch. The Behringer is a lot easier to lug around and is, all in all, a pretty good acoustic amp and does well with vocals too. It's also the kind of amp that if someone spilled a drink on it or kicked in the front grill I'd be bummed but not violent...if you worry about your audience or fans! I like the idea of the Lunchbox but miniturizing some things just never seems to work out like I originally think they will. If you can set it up and play and sing into it before buying I think that would be a really good idea.

Where I live a ZT Lunchbox is $549 plus tax ($620.37) -- but I could purchase a used Fishman SA220 (SoloAmp) for around $750-800. The SA220 is so far superior and gets the speakers up off the floor, I wouldn't bother with the ZT.

If you want cheap, where I live a Fishman Loudbox Mini is $319 plus tax. It will basically eat the ZT alive as a vocal amp, but not as much for guitar.

Take your pick.

Archived