Gibson Brands Forums

Laguna

Riptide

A friend of mine asked me to set-up his guitar for him, I gladly said I would. However when I got it from him I realized it was a Laguna guitar and I have no idea how they are suppose to be set-up. Any advice? What I'm thinking right now is just to do a normal set up and make sure it sounds good.

A friend of mine asked me to set-up his guitar for him, I gladly said I would. However when I got it from him I realized it was a Laguna guitar and I have no idea how they are suppose to be set-up. Any advice? What I'm thinking right now is just to do a normal set up and make sure it sounds good.

measure the scale length & go from there.....

I think Laguna is GCs house brand electric....they're supposed to be pretty good guitars & they advertize as being a "green" company with "one guitar one tree"(planting) philosophy.

• 2 weeks later...

measure the scale length & go from there.....

I think Laguna is GCs house brand electric....they're supposed to be pretty good guitars & they advertize as being a "green" company with "one guitar one tree"(planting) philosophy.

Thanks. It was a 24.75 and I got it all set-up :)

Thanks. It was a 24.75 and I got it all set-up :)

that's really interesting, from the design of most of their guitars I had just assumed they would be 25.5 instead......

I "test drove" one or 2 of them at various times and was very impressed with the performance at their price point.

• 2 weeks later...

that's really interesting, from the design of most of their guitars I had just assumed they would be 25.5 instead......

I "test drove" one or 2 of them at various times and was very impressed with the performance at their price point.

I was surprised as well, I expected it to be 25.5 and then I started playing it and was like "This feels more like a Gibson!" and sure enough it's 24.75 The owner told me afterwords that he got it on purpose to be more of a strat sound with more of a Gibson feel. I think the nut was wider than a strat as well. And it is very true that they play well for there price... you can get some good sounds out of them too!

Archived