Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore Signature is back...

Gary Moore Tribute

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Gary-Moore-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

Well after 12 years a new "Standard" has been released at $3,582 (£1,599 in the UK)

As cool as it is to see a new one being made It's not really a tribute once you get into the specs

The Original 2000/2001 version came with Zebra uncovered Burstbucker 3 Pickups with the neck pickup reversed, a rosewood fretboard & lots of lovely "Gary Moore" enscribed goodies (Many actually signed by Gary I believe) (Worth £1,500-£2,000 & hard to find)

This new version however I'm surprised to find out isn't out of phased Burst Bucker Pro's (Just rotated the pickup), Granadillo fretboard & Just a case this time with the signature on.

I guess you could get the "Sound" with some work yourself (Fit Bumbles & get a Luthier/Yourself to reverse the magnet) but I'm just surprised to see it sold without that feature [confused]

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Gary-Moore-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

Well after 12 years a new "Standard" has been released at $3,582 (£1,599 in the UK)

As cool as it is to see a new one being made It's not really a tribute once you get into the specs

The Original 2000/2001 version came with Zebra uncovered Burstbucker 3 Pickups with the neck pickup reversed, a rosewood fretboard & lots of lovely "Gary Moore" enscribed goodies (Many actually signed by Gary I believe) (Worth £1,500-£2,000 & hard to find)

This new version however I'm surprised to find out isn't out of phased Burst Bucker Pro's (Just rotated the pickup), Granadillo fretboard & Just a case this time with the signature on.

I guess you could get the "Sound" with some work yourself (Fit Bumbles & get a Luthier/Yourself to reverse the magnet) but I'm just surprised to see it sold without that feature [confused]

I saw this on MF the other day and was waiting for someone to mention it here on the forum. It's a good price point for this particular guitar, but not really a worthy signature series... just my $.02.

Heres a nice close up - http://images.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Gary-Moore-Les-Paul-Standard/Press-Images/LPGMTLMCH1.jpg

To update, I'm still interested but I would only buy it if Dawson's agree to cover the pickup magnet reversal costs (About £30-50)

BUT obviously I will test it out first to make sure its required / sounds right

That or does someone want to sell me a 2000/2001?

Heres a nice close up - http://images.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Gary-Moore-Les-Paul-Standard/Press-Images/LPGMTLMCH1.jpg

To update, I'm still interested but I would only buy it if Dawson's agree to cover the pickup magnet reversal costs (About £30-50)

BUT obviously I will test it out first to make sure its required / sounds right

That or does someone want to sell me a 2000/2001?

I do like the color/top... is this modeled after one of Moore's specific instruments?

I do like the color/top... is this modeled after one of Moore's specific instruments?

Its a straight reissue of the 2000/2001 model (Some of which had a DARKER Lemon flame)

gary_moore_les_paul_1990_006.jpg

With the "Covered" BB Pro's instead of 3's & the rest I listed above...

The Original was Peter Green's 59 Les Paul, which is the Collectors Choice #1

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=7E88FF49-115B-4A96-8268-BF33B0132513&Image_Type=image

This new one is a meet in the middle mix

I'm thinking of getting one of these, but switching the pups. If you flip the neck pup around, will it be "in phase" ? Can I still get the 'woman tone" with the pup out of phase?

djw171 1 week ago

I emailed Gibson to ask if the middle position gave the 'out of phase' sound (just because the pickup is reversed doesn't mean the magnet is). The answer came back no with a outline of the spec.. except the spec was that of the original Gary Moore Studio based Les Paul from 1999!!!! Gibson get it together!

Essentially its a like a Studio Plus with the neck pickup turned round so apart from the position it picks up the strings that's it.

NO OUT OF PHASE included in the stock model :unsure:

Archived