Gibson Brands Forums

Return of an old friend

That sunburst with the the bigsby was a lovely looking guitar...almost bid myself.

Been looking at the natural one too...any idea how much import costs would be anyone?

Based on the $ cost of the guitar and the shipping, the cost when it reached the UK including all taxes etc would come to £1045.45 (or $1590.00). If you have the item insured it MAY add a little extra.

If you ever want to work this out in the future go here >Import Duty Calculator

Thanks for that guys...takes it a little too much for me.

There's another matsumoku riviera just gone on eBay UK too. AS finish and swapped pickups and knobs.

It's odd...it can be months with none of these Japanese guitars coming up and then a few come along at once.

That's an '86 model, one of the last ones for England (maybe anywhere). I'm not surprised the knobs have been swapped out, I have the same, but I'm surprised the pickups have been changed because the originals (on mine anyway) are really excellent in that PAF sort of way. Not really screamers but a nice bluesy overdrive if that's what you want. An all original Riviera (except for the case) advertised for a BIN of £799.00 went for £750.00 about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but it was on for about 9 weeks. The seller really stuck to his price. I think a few of these are turning up now because times are hard.

That`s a nice Riviera, even with the modifications, which incidently also includes a replacement Gotoh "Nashville" style long travel bridge, if I`m not mistaken. Could be worth a punt if he still has some of the original parts, and the price stays reasonable!

Steve.

P.S. If anyone spots a Matsumoku made Sheraton in Natural finish anywhere, and doesn`t want it themselves, please let me know.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived