Gibson Brands Forums

ES-355 - Custom Antique Ebony with Bigsby

Hype

I picked up this guitar last night....What a beautiful guitar. Apparently they were on a limited run (although, I'm not too sure how many were made). There were only 2 shipped to Canada, from speaking with the supplier.

Does anyone else own one of these guitars? If so, do you know how many of these are in fact in circulation. Mine's a 2011 from speaking with Gibson customer service (as the custom ES's serial numbers do not follow the standard numbering)....

Thanks in advance.

PHOTOS, or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! [flapper][biggrin]

CB

I've been trying to! But I can't upload the images. I've posted a few pics before, and it appears those are capping my size/data allowance....Have any other ideas as to how to work around it?

I've been trying to! But I can't upload the images. I've posted a few pics before, and it appears those are capping my size/data allowance....Have any other ideas as to how to work around it?

Subscribe to Photobucket, very easy, free and it will be useful in the long run, not just for this post. It allow to modified the pictures and resize them. Then you can link them to your post, without data capping

• 1 month later...

Sorry, don't know anything about this particular run... but it sure is beautiful! I thought the input jack on new models were on the bottom side...I guess not.

GibsonES355008_zpsb56e800c.jpg

They are very nice guitars....Too bad Gibson stop producing them (for now). I really want Gibson to reissue the 1959/1960 Red/Cherry ES-355 Stereo with the Bigbsy Tailpiece and Varitone....I tried to purchase one, but they are very costly I've seen them go for $18,000 to $20,000....

Archived