Gibson Brands Forums

Great repair experience!

Hey all, just wanted to share my great experiences with an authorized repair shop in Ringwood, NJ. I went to http://macphersonguitarworks.com (I know the site isn't that exciting).

Here's the story:

I have a 2013 175 1959 VOS and have only owned it since October. I was getting serious fret buzz between frets 10 and 16 across all strings. My local guy wanted to do a full fret dress job ($150). I was concerned I did something wrong. Since owning it, it has stayed in its case with a humidifier pack (planet waves, per Gibson's recommendation). The local guy was good enough to recommend warranty service and so I found this guy in Ringwood. He was closest. His shop is a small shack in the woods and he was amazing. He acknowledged that there was serious neck bowing even will zero truss tension. However, after a bit of tweaking, it sounds perfect. 20 minutes of work. I'm super happy and can highly recommend his work. Very nice guy, honest and fun to be with as well.

Of course I'll keep monitoring the situation incase it does have to go back to Gibson but for now, he saved me lots of time and money.

Thanks!

P.S. I promise I do not work for him and was not compensated to provide an endorsement. Just want to share the love.

Good repair experiences, by good/great people, are always a pleasant surprise, these days!

Glad to know you had one, and that you met a great fellow, in the process.

Hope you don't have to keep him busy, but it's good to know he's there, if

when you need him! [thumbup]

CB

Archived