Gibson Brands Forums

NEW GIBSON GUITARS

Don335

I read a lot of articles on the latest NAMM Show and all the new stuff on youtube but the Gibson website shows very little? I didn't see anything on the website about the ES-195 or the ES-335 12 string? I did see some lower end guitars but nothing on the ES-195?

Don335 [confused]

• 2 weeks later...

I read a lot of articles on the latest NAMM Show and all the new stuff on youtube but the Gibson website shows very little? I didn't see anything on the website about the ES-195 or the ES-335 12 string? I did see some lower end guitars but nothing on the ES-195?

Don335 [confused]

I don't know what's going on at Gibson. The only site that has 195's advertized is Sweetwater, but they have none and no date for arrival. I called Gibson Customer service and they said there were none, and slipped that there were none for the rest of the year.

The Gibson site showed no ES-195 when I visited there a couple of months ago.

I felt VERY fortunate to find the black one I got, it's a great guitar. I think it's discontinued already.

I don't know what's going on at Gibson. The only site that has 195's advertized is Sweetwater, but they have none and no date for arrival. I called Gibson Customer service and they said there were none, and slipped that there were none for the rest of the year.

The Gibson site showed no ES-195 when I visited there a couple of months ago.

I felt VERY fortunate to find the black one I got, it's a great guitar. I think it's discontinued already.

I can't believe that Gibson promotes the ES-195 and discontinues production in less than six months..it doesn't make sense? All the hype and promotion about this guitar...are there production problems? I've been saving my gig and I'm hoping to get one by the end of the summer if they still make them? [confused]

Don335

I can't believe that Gibson promotes the ES-195 and discontinues production in less than six months..it doesn't make sense? All the hype and promotion about this guitar...are there production problems? I've been saving my gig and I'm hoping to get one by the end of the summer if they still make them? [confused]

Don335

Hi Don,

You may be out of luck. Sweetwater had a shipment and "several" (according to their tech service guy) WERE being sent back to Gibson because the guitars did not pass their open box checkout. This was in the February time frame. Since then they had a "LONG" delay posted on their site, and a call to them a few weeks ago they would take a deposit but not deliver one till?

I don't get it, mine was 99% flawless. The only little bug was the glue they used to attach the pickguard to the bracket failed, I took care of it with a few drops of Epoxy.

Next to my ES175 and Tal Farlow it's one of my fave guitars, believe me that says a LOT!!! I hope you find one but it doesn't look good right now :-(

Archived