Gibson Brands Forums

First Look - Roland Cube Micro GX, Cube Lite and Cube 20GX

CoreyT

I cannot wait to get this.

Sitting out on my porch in th3e cool breeze and jamming with it, and my iPod plugged in.

The high gain sound will be great with Judas Priests Living After Midnight.

I pretty much have that song nailed now except for one small part right before the lead kicks in.

Heck, I got the lead down pretty good, it is really short :D

WOW!

Good gosh this amp is nice.

It jest came about an hour ago and I loaded it up with 8 AA batteries and have not stopped jamming until a few minutes ago.

This being a high gain metal amp it can be clean too on the clean setting, and finger picking with the delay on sounds very cool.

The flanger effect is my favorite though, and the chorus and phaser also sound good.

The delay has a few settings, but probably the lushest effect of all is to crank the reverb all the way up.

The sound it emits will trick your ears into thinking you have stereo speakers several feet apart.

Now to the dirty channels, it has many of course if you have watched the videos.

All of the effects sound great with the dirty channels too.

The bassiest dirty channel is Brown 2, but I like the Southern dirty channel perhaps the best.

There is lots to explore on this new amp, I am glad I went with it.

I have the gain up about half way, and the master and main volumes half way too, and it is plenty loud.

If you crank them up and it can drive you out.

Also the bass, middle, and treble I have them at noon also.

Dime the treble adds too much IMO.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

I see you have both the HT5RH and a V3M.

I like the HT5 at indoor levels a lot, especially the gain channel - creamy smooth without harhness ...

Anyway, how is the V3M at various volume levels?

I'm really, really tempted, although I did just order a Bugera V22 after a 15 minute in-store try-out.

On my HT5 I have the gain at around 50 to 75%, and that provides plenty of smooth over driven sound.

I played my 408 through it yesterday without any pedals for around 45 minutes, and it sounded amazing.

I have to have it down though, as it is a very loud amp for 5 watts.

Nice thing with it is that you get the same tone no matter what volume level.

The Carvin is overkill for me at 50 watts.

I have it powered down to the 7 watt setting, and it can run me out of my place if I turn it up.

It is an amazing amp as it has many tones by changing the three channels and accessing the mini toggles.

There are a lot of good Carvin V3M videos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwFvKrKqtcU

• 2 months later...

Archived