Gibson Brands Forums

AJ220S - VS

Larry Harris

I got my first Epiphone acoustic guitar over the weekend as I traded in three acoustics to Guitar Center and after a few false starts with defective guitars I ended up with an Epiphone AJ220S -VS and after going through the hassles with the store they made it right and I ended up with a really nice guitar. I play finger style and this guitar is so easy to play. I am quite pleased with the service at Guitar Center and would recommend this model to even the most serious player.

Cheers, Larry Harris

Congratulations! That's a great guitar when set up properly. Beautiful tone, and great looks too! I love mine! I replaced the strings with Elixir 80/20 nanoweb lights, and replaced the plastic pins with black Ebony/abalone wood pins...made a nice difference in clarity and sustain on mine! My 220sce V/S is on the right side of my photo.

Congratulations! That's a great guitar when set up properly. Beautiful tone, and great looks too! I love mine! I replaced the strings with Elixir 80/20 nanoweb lights, and replaced the plastic pins with black Ebony/abalone wood pins...made a nice difference in clarity and sustain on mine! My 220sce V/S is on the right side of my photo.

Sounds good. I will have to consider that for the future

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first Epiphone acoustic guitar over the weekend as I traded in three acoustics to Guitar Center and after a few false starts with defective guitars I ended up with an Epiphone AJ220S -VS and after going through the hassles with the store they made it right and I ended up with a really nice guitar. I play finger style and this guitar is so easy to play. I am quite pleased with the service at Guitar Center and would recommend this model to even the most serious player.

Cheers, Larry Harris

I have had a chance to play the guitar a bit and the tone especially with new strings is quite good and really special in doubled drop D.

Cheers, Larry Harris

I have had a chance to play the guitar a bit and the tone especially with new strings is quite good and really special in doubled drop D.

Cheers, Larry Harris

Hi Larry

I had the AJ200 which was essentially the same model and after a couple of years it sounded so rich and sweet - I dropped it and bust the neck though [rolleyes]. Now have an EJ160 which has a longer scale and definitely doesn't sound as good (yet).

Dodger

Archived