Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone masterbilt esonic2 problem?

johnf15

OK first time post,

Picked up a dr500mce, great guitar love it.

Never had an electro acoustic so was looking forward to getting her plugged in. Now I'm not clued up on amps and such but when plugged in and set to the nanoflex pickup the 3 bass strings E A and D there's almost no sound. then it kicks in on G B and high E.

No problems with the nanomag and when blended it doesn't sound right.

I only have a vox DA5 practice amp but my sheraton works fine with it.

Any ideas anyone or is it a case of a better amp needed or another faulty esonic2?

Thanks

It sounds like the bone saddle...the part that would cover the three base strings and make contact with the nanoflex strip..is not making full contact with the nanoflex strip which is located under the saddle between the saddle and the bridge slot. This is a very thin strip and the saddle needs to sit very flush on it for it to make contact. Since you ARE getting sound from the 3 higher strings and not the three lower string, this would appear to be the case. ...the bone saddle may not be sanded flush on the under side you can't see, or there could be particles of dirt under there, or other causes. If you got it from Guitar Center..they will check and fix it for you, likely for free, or replace it. Good luck.

Thanks, I got it second hand. Only 6 months old the guy got it from GAK and had it set up in some store in london (he told me where but can't remember)

I know a few places to take it and this will narrow down what's wrong with it.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks, I got it second hand. Only 6 months old the guy got it from GAK and had it set up in some store in london (he told me where but can't remember)

I know a few places to take it and this will narrow down what's wrong with it.

Thanks again for the help.

If you are anywhere near Stevenage I'd take it to Terry - www.tjcguitars.com

I lived in London for five years before coming back to the states. I bought my Hummingbird in Essex and the fretboard was coming loose from too much neck relief for years and years sitting in a closet. He fixed it up and gave me a fantastic setup with new nut and saddle. I'd say go see him!

Thanks but I live in liverpool, there's a guy called steve who works from PMT in salford. Always has time for a string change but I've seen him work on a lot of high end kit.

Is there any way to get it done under warranty in the UK? Or is it worthless because it's now second hand.

Thanks but I live in liverpool, there's a guy called steve who works from PMT in salford. Always has time for a string change but I've seen him work on a lot of high end kit.

Is there any way to get it done under warranty in the UK? Or is it worthless because it's now second hand.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, once an instrument is considered second hand, it voids the warranty. But even if it can not be fixed, there are still usually other types and brands of pick up systems that can be installed in its place at fairly reasonable prices by someone who know how to do it. There is one replacement system called the... Elan-4TN ...pick up which has been used for selling this same guitar used online which I have noticed, used normally in Dean guitars. But there are many options for pick ups available.

Took it to my man at PMT, told him what I heard on this forum and knew what the problem was straight away.

I could have changed the pickup but he recommended a new saddle, new strings and adjusting the neck slightly.

For £37 and picked it up a few hours later I didn't think was too bad. Plays like a dream now, in not a pro by any means but I'd say it's definitely good enough for stage use.

Thanks for the help on here guys(",)

Archived