Gibson Brands Forums

Another RCCE and another slack key video

Fran Guidry

I really really like a wide nut, a big fat neck, and a wide bridge spacing. When I heard that the new Indonesian made EF-500RCCE guitars had a wider nut and a bigger neck than my older China made instrument, I snagged a refurb on Ebay. This is my first RCCE with the Esonic2 and I was a little apprehensive due to the troubles I've heard about here. So far, though, I'm pretty happy with the pickup system.

Interestingly, this pickup control plate interfered with my attempt to use my original (EF-500M) Epi semi-hard case to house the new guitar. I wound up with a low budget gig bag and left the older guitar in the fancier case.

We had a great time in Kailua and around O`ahu with several of my wife's hula sisters, and I made the ladies the stars of a little music video for the old Hawaiian song, "He Wahine U`i." Our adventures include eating out, shopping, going for shave ice, and climbing to the Lanikai pillbox lookout for a spectacular view of the windward side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRayI1R3Hw

The audio is the Esonic2 pickup through a Zoom A2 and into a Zoom H2n recorder. After a bit of experimentation I think I prefer the straight pickup sound but I had to use the A2 to match some earlier footage. I'm hoping my pickup system holds up well because it's been a good performer so far.

Fran

Beautiful playing Fran and great sound - the girls are lovely as well if you don't mind me commenting! [thumbup]

This model is the only one left in my local store I think - around £500

Might have to start saving for it [rolleyes]

Beautiful playing Fran and great sound - the girls are lovely as well if you don't mind me commenting! [thumbup]

This model is the only one left in my local store I think - around £500

Might have to start saving for it [rolleyes]

Thanks for watching.

If you like a big neck and wide spacing this is guitar will be right up your alley.

Fran

Thanks for watching.

If you like a big neck and wide spacing this is guitar will be right up your alley.

Fran

ya I actually just got one off eBay, the EF-500R. Should be here early next week, looking forward to checking out the masterbilt sound with the wider nut since I have ginormous hands and fingers (6'4" 275lbs.)

Archived