Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbuilt DR-500MCE saddle size

gta05

Can someone tell me what is the exact size of the Masterbuilt DR-500MCE non compensated saddle. I don't have the proper tool to mesure it. I really wan't to replace the original saddle by a compensated saddle. I will order it from this site.

http://www.graphtech...coustic-saddles

Thanks for your help!

Hi. I also have a DR500MCE with a non compensated bone saddle. I have however decided to keep mine as it is because I am very happy with it....I did want to make it sound just a bit clearer and a tad brighter, so I added graphtech tusk pins...of the correct size, from MF, and these seemed to make it sound a bit clearer, and cleaner, and actually just a bit brighter too, but I would not want mine to get any brighter than it is, as it has a delicious Mahogany Hum that is very nice and smooth with no brashness. While graphtech tusk saddles may well work fine on your DR500, you might want to be aware that some people seem to feel that tusk could almost brighten it too much, causing it to to sound a bit too bright, harsh or brash. Bone saddles are usually considered to be the premium for sound and tone, so I have decided to stick with mine as it is, because it seems to play well all the way up the neck. But if you are wanting yours considerable brighter, it is possible a tusk saddle could do it. Taylor uses tusk saddles on every model, and Taylors are well known to play brightly. Good luck. sorry I don't know the size saddle you need, but both bone and tusk saddles can be ordered depending upon the tone you are hoping to find.

Thank's for your answer. I didn't know the difference between bone and Tusq. Not sure i want a brighter sound? I use to play most of the time Half step down and it always seem that the B string is out of tune. This is why i wan't to try a compensated saddle...

Archived