Gibson Brands Forums

sg dark fire

guitarbob123

will gibson do an sg with the darkfire hardware in?

it would be nice to see it like the sg 61 reissue but with the hardware from the dark fire in.

they did it with the robot but it was based on the special and i'd rather have it based on the standard or 61 ri

who else thinks this would be cool?

if they do a Darkfire SG , i hope they DONT do yet another 61 reissue ...

this is not 1961 , or 1957 ... heck its almost 2009 !

the Robot SG might have been cool if they dropped the hideous full pickguard , and the gap between the 22nd fret and the neck pickup.

...oh yea , drop the underpowered 57 classic pickups too.

the antiquated 1950's neck profiles on many Les Pauls is like playing a baseball bat ... at least the SG's have the slim taper.

try improving on the awesome Epiphone Prophecy ideas .... THAT would be cool in my book.

the Speed Taper neck is hands down the best Gibson neck i have ever played.

the 24 jumbo frets are a nice "modern" idea , and the Gibson Dirty Fingers are the best thing Gibson ever put out.

... and the cool binding , inlays , and figured tops push the Prophecy's over the top.

i think its time for Gibson to catch up to Epiphone , and move into the present.

thats my opinion on the subject.

i just get bored will all of the "vintage reissues" .... try something exciting an new.

keep the best of the old , and build on it.

I don't care ether they do or not. I would never buy it. I think it is a cheesy guitar, with a lot of fake plastic parts, and a lot of bugs.

And, like Jan Akkerman said abut not having a eletronic tuner: Ïf you want the rolling stones to make interesting music again, take off ther eletronic tuners."

Everytime I look at the DF I think that it was made for teenagers, or for people who can't apreciate the stunning luthierie and craftsmanship behind the LP.

If gibson sells a white case for SG, then I would be happy about it.

I don't care ether they do or not. I would never buy it. I think it is a cheesy guitar' date=' with a lot of fake plastic parts, and a lot of bugs.

And, like Jan Akkerman said abut not having a eletronic tuner: Ïf you want the rolling stones to make interesting music again, take off ther eletronic tuners."

Everytime I look at the DF I think that it was made for teenagers, or for people who can't apreciate the stunning luthierie and craftsmanship behind the LP.

If gibson sells a white case for SG, then I would be happy about it.[/quote']

I actually think it's pretty cool but what you're saying does make sense.

yeah i've thought about it and decided i'd just rather have a custom shop sg standard or custom

its great all the things a darkfire sg could do, but there just recording/studio guitars really.

still be cool if they made one so i could have a go though. they probbably will, its another way of getting money

Archived