Gibson Brands Forums

for euroaussie and any radiohead fans . bar performance

blindboygrunt

Oh yeah, Ive seen this version many times, effin' amazing performance. Mike's is one of my fave youtube channels and I have to admit Ive stolen with pride about 5 or 6 tracks that he adapted to the acoustic. This version of Paranoid Android is one of the absolute top shelf performances.

However, there was a big storm on the AGF couple years ago where it was revealed that apparently Mike does a voice correction overdub in the studio using a pitch controller, and then the whole debate whether its right or wrong, is it live or not etc ... ?

I think this performance also had some enhacements as he just cant have perfect pitch on a track like this which jumps octaves, transposes and so on , but to be honest, so what., its bloody brilliant and inspiring and that what matters most I reckon.

Wow. Why are these guys playing a pizza joint?! Very well done! (The guitarist looks very much like that standup comedian Louis C.K............doesn't he?!) The bass adds a great deal to the performance as opposed to just an acoustic guitar. It does sound as if the vocals have been processed in some way but hey, you need to have a "pretty damn close" track to work with to get these results. I'm not a Radiohead fan, but good work is good work regardless. Very impressive for a duo!

(.........reckon this one meets JK's muster as a cover?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9iVG4kg0sg

Archived