Gibson Brands Forums

Product Certificate

rddog

I know this is a touchy subject but since Gibson issues certificates with the product, it would be beneficial if they were accurate and customer service would help with them when there some issues. Case in point I bought two ES335s a few weeks ago, the new VOS limited editions in Cherry and Historic burst. Unfortunately, after having them for a week, I decided to look and play one of them. As I was looking at it, I reviewed the certificate and saw it had wrong s/n on it. My guitar is Cherry finish with s/n, 7722 but the cert says 7725, as does the shipping box.

My dealer says he can't do anything about it. Gibson requires the buyer to send the guitar back to Gibson for inspection and MAYBE they will issue a new certificate. HOW BAZAAR is that. Cost, time, etc etc on me.

So, I even emailed Customer Service at Gibson.com as they say 'WE'd love to hear from you'!!!! Well, its been 3 weeks, and no response.

Can anyone in Gibson help me get the right certificate?????

I know this is a touchy subject but since Gibson issues certificates with the product, it would be beneficial if they were accurate and customer service would help with them when there some issues. Case in point I bought two ES335s a few weeks ago, the new VOS limited editions in Cherry and Historic burst. Unfortunately, after having them for a week, I decided to look and play one of them. As I was looking at it, I reviewed the certificate and saw it had wrong s/n on it. My guitar is Cherry finish with s/n, 7722 but the cert says 7725, as does the shipping box.

My dealer says he can't do anything about it. Gibson requires the buyer to send the guitar back to Gibson for inspection and MAYBE they will issue a new certificate. HOW BAZAAR is that. Cost, time, etc etc on me.

So, I even emailed Customer Service at Gibson.com as they say 'WE'd love to hear from you'!!!! Well, its been 3 weeks, and no response.

Can anyone in Gibson help me get the right certificate?????

I had a similar problem regarding the serial number as it appeared on the guitar versus the certificate. My dealer called his contact at Gibson, and I got the corrected certificate a few days later through the mail.

Thanks, I'll cntact my dealer, again, and hope he'll do the same.

Thanks, I'll cntact my dealer, again, and hope he'll do the same.

No reason that this should be touchy, you should want the cert for the guitar you bought. I have purchased a few guitars, including a couple Gibsons (339, 335), where the dealer gave me the wrong case/paperwork. That is a usually a deal breaker for me. I bought a Gretsch where they had already sold "my" case/paperwork to someone else...they contacted Gretsch and got me a new cert.

THanks for the feedback, I agree Gibson messed up when they wrote the cert or when they serialized the guitar. The dealer has conceded to contact Gibson after I told him what you folks on the forum said, THANKS, and he has contacted Gibson. HOpe this resolves it.d

well I'll be darned, I GOT THE CERT! THANKS

Archived