Gibson Brands Forums

1936 D45s Authentic

JuanCarlosVejar

It depends how many little lots of $37000 you have in your guitar fund - a guy I worked for years ago started a tech company, sold it for a massive profit, started another tech company, merged with a bigger company, left the company after a discreet time, sold the house for approx $50 million etc etc etc etc and on it goes. Well, he would buy a vintage D45 and a brand new a a spare and a couple for the dopey son..........and another for the baby, I suppose....................

My first 'good' guitar, a 72 Fender Telecaster Custom, cost me approx 22 times my weekly pay when I bought it in the 70s. If I could do that now...........

BluesKing777.

I would agree inferior is not the word I would have picked. But while the name is the same, Gibson is a vastly different company than it once was. Organization, production techniques, materials, and such have gone through quite a few changes. Then again, what company that has been around as long as Gibson has not gone through substantial reorganization and change.

Guitar in question is a Martin though.....

Archived