Gibson Brands Forums

Just got 2 more great guitar books

bonzoboy

I just got today's mail and it included 2 more guitar related books to add to my growing guitar and gear library that I'm starting to build up.Both books are by famous guitar collector/historian Tony Bacon.One book is called 60 Years of Fender and the second contains the story of my dream guitar-the Gibson Firebird plus its odd shaped cousins,the Flying V and the Explorer.The book is called-logically enough-Flying V,Explorer and Firebird.Both books contain great pix and info of some pristine examples,some rarities and celebrity owned guitars.I never browse through books before reading them and just come across pix as I read through the books.According to the reviews I have read of both books,they give very detailed and accurate accounts of all the guitars featured and that stands to reason considering who wrote them.

T.B.'s book on the Les Paul is a very good source of info. The Firebird (etc.) book sounds to be very much in the same vein.

I can guess it will be well worth the money as there is obviously less quality material in the public domain about these three instruments than there is about either the LP or the Strat.

P.

I bought the books online from Indigo Books for just $16 each despite the price on the cover being about $30. Tony Bacon has written some great reference material about many brands of guitars and guitars in general.I also have his excellent "The Ultimate Guitar Book" and several books that he has co-wrote with others.Where he's such an authority on guitars I intend to buy a lot more of his books for my guitar library.

Archived