Gibson Brands Forums

New bridge shape on IB-64 Texan.

frenchie1281734003

I have noticed recently that the newer IB-64 Texans have a bridge which is very similar to the old 60s version, whereas the earlier model had a bridge that never quite looked right. Have they changed some of the specs on this model?

this one has the newer bridge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epiphone-FT-79-An-Inspired-Texan-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-U58862-Mint-condition-/360742569318?pt=Guitar&hash=item53fdeec566#ht_2718wt_987

And this is the older type.

003.jpg

Steve.

I think they have reshaped the bridge to make the ends wider, moved the saddle and pins a little futher back, thus bringing the bridge forward a tad. from what I can gather this design change seems to coincide with production switching from China to Indonesia. the figuring on the mahogany used for the necks on the newer version looks nicer to me too.

Steve.

I think they have reshaped the bridge to make the ends wider, moved the saddle and pins a little futher back, thus bringing the bridge forward a tad. from what I can gather this design change seems to coincide with production switching from China to Indonesia. the figuring on the mahogany used for the necks on the newer version looks nicer to me too.

Steve.

Yes, the wood used on that guitar looks very nice.

Someone here (maybe it is dhanners or charliebrown?) has a Chinese-made Texan with an exceptionally beautiful back (IMO). But I agree, some of the recent necks (on many other models, too) have been very dull-looking mahogany. I like the grain on the one in the link.

Red 333

Archived