Gibson Brands Forums

63-50th anni Memphis ES-335 NGD

soundjunkie

[rolleyes] Man, I cried when I opened the case. What an amazing guitar. All the worry about the grain and the finish was for naught. This thing is perfect. I've had 50 guitars or more and this thing is top of the heap. OMGawd, I'm afraid to touch it! Naaa, I'm gonna play the VOS right off of it! Every little detail was thought out and executed to perfection on this re-issue from the EXACT color to the EXACT 63 shape. And the aged hardware just puts this over the top! Thanks all the great folks at Gibson Memphis. This is a great guitar, no it is superb!!! I haven't even plugged in yet. Dare I?IMG_0685_zps6ed9b030.jpg [scared]

[rolleyes] Man, I cried when I opened the case. What an amazing guitar. All the worry about the grain and the finish was for naught. This thing is perfect. I've had 50 guitars or more and this thing is top of the heap. OMGawd, I'm afraid to touch it! Naaa, I'm gonna play the VOS right off of it! Every little detail was thought out and executed to perfection on this re-issue from the EXACT color to the EXACT 63 shape. And the aged hardware just puts this over the top! Thanks all the great folks at Gibson Memphis. This is a great guitar, no it is superb!!! I haven't even plugged in yet. Dare I?IMG_0685_zps6ed9b030.jpg [scared]

Congratulations 'soundjunkie' ........ looks like you've hit a home run there!!

Now go and plug it in ...... you'll be even more amazed.

:wub: I plugged into my cheap Vox AC15C1 Top Boost Channel all controls at noon and about fell over. Of all the guitars I've had over the years since the early 70's, this thing is king. The Burstbuckers are simply amazing pickups and the really incredible thing about this guitar is that all three pickup settings WORK and volume balanced with all three settings. I am shocked at how utterly amazing this guitar plays and sounds. The frets are wide medium jumbos, just the most perfect fret I've ever played on and they don't have those nibs to deal with either. The guitar is VERY touch sensitive and I can conjure pretty fingerstyle songs or kickass rock n roll with the flip of the selector switch and my picking hand. No other guitar I've had could do this. Thanks again G I B S O N Memphis!!!

Archived